Flash upgrade perc3/si

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Wed Jan 29 16:46:01 CST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 colbey at dreamwerx.net wrote:

> I'm just about to flash upgrade the raid controller firmware on my 2450..
> (just flashed bios to latest)

so you're now running on A07 and updating to the perc 2.7-1 ? (just checking
what is the latest nowadays..)

> The flash program says something like you must have your service tag
> number programmed into the system before flashing otherwise you'll recieve
> an error..

the only reason you will not have a service tag on your system is if the
motherboard has been replaced by a factory one and your tech has (for some
reason) forgotten to program your tag in..

> Where do I program this in?  Right now there is no OS installed yet.. i
> just initialized the raidset..

go into the bios.  look on the bottom right hand side, you should see the
tag number there near the ram count i think.

regards,

-jason