Cleaning Tape on PowerVault 122T

Karl Zander KZander at CommPartners.com
Wed Jan 29 16:00:00 CST 2003

I am trying to understand if there is anyway to automate use of the
cleaning tape on a PowerVault 122T.  The PowerVault 122T is a DLT with an 8
slot autoloader.  I am running this with a PowerEdge 1650 server running
RedHat 7.3.

Using mtx I can load and unload tapes from the slots.  But I have not been
able to get the cleaning tape to run.  From the push button menu on the
front of the PowerVault I can get the cleaning tape to run.  But I would
like to keep the cleaning tape loaded in slot 8 and cycle it through like
the rest of the backup tapes.

Karl