Weird pauses w/new PE2650

Michael James michael.james at csiro.au
Mon Jan 27 20:13:01 CST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:49 am, John Goerzen wrote:

> After a few minutes, I notice that things start pausing.
> Everything seems to hang for about x seconds,
> where 5 <= x <= 90.  I can type new commands on the shell and hit
> Enter, but they don't start up until the x seconds have elapsed.  This
> happens every few minutes.  One time, I started up top right after it
> happened, and it showed a load average of 6.50 but CPUs 99% idle.  The
> hard disk LEDs are flashing during these pauses.

I've noticed similar behaviour on a 2650 but with 3/DC Megaraid.
When I run a script called flog.pl which copies files and deletes them,
 on the megaraid disks, I get pauses

I'm running Suse 8.1 with an updated kernel -- k_smp-2.4.19-163

michaelj

Michael James				michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator			voice:	02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility	fax:		02 6246 5166