Red Hat errata kernels for test...

Gabriel Rosenkoetter grosen at cc3.com
Mon Jan 27 11:55:01 CST 2003

At Monday, January 27, 2003 12:45 PM, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:37:02PM -0500, Gabriel Rosenkoetter wrote:
> > To be precise, dare we hope that the hw tcp csum errors are actually
> > gone now?
>
> I do not see any fixes specific to that, so I would not have a ton of
> hope; however it will be useful to test, as some of the e1000 bugfixes
> may have a positive effect on that problem nonetheless.

I'm also interested in the tg3 fixes. Are these the same as in your
aragorn kernel which I had an initially bad response to and backed
off from on a production machine?

Should I try this kernel rather than the aragorn one if I'm trying
something new to (further) fix tg3 hangs? (The bcm driver's right
out; throughput speed is direly important on this system, and I'm
not especially fond of remote DoSes either.)

Coincidentally, Barry Roomberg (with whom I work) got Matt Domsch all
riled up about Broadcom at LinuxWorld last week, and Matt suggested
that some sense might be beat into Broadcom by way of the anti-Linux
exec there moving off the scene. Heard anything about that?

Matt, care to elaborate publicly (or privately, really)?

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
grosen at cc3.com
CC3 {Unix,Linux} Systems Administrator

information of CC3 that may be confidential, proprietary and/or legally
privileged, and is intended to be read and used solely by the individuals
or entities named as recipients on this message.  Without limiting the
foregoing, all copyrightable graphics, content and documents, and all
trademarks, service marks and trade names, contained in this e-mail message
or any attachment are exclusively owned by CC3, and no rights are granted
in such tent and materials except as expressly stated in this notice.