Dell/Redhat/tg3 problems

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Wed Jan 22 16:40:01 CST 2003

I'm missing something here....

I had already applied the latest kernel errata to my system before
I found out about the details of the tg3 driver problems.

The latest RH8.0 kernel eratta is kernel-smp-2.4.18-19.8.0.

A couple days ago, Mr. Garzik from RH posted that he had fixed drivers
for tg3 that were better than just switching to the bcm5700 driver.

On his web site (http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/pub/aragorn1/), he
says this is the latest kernel errata with his fixes installed.

BUT- his kernel is kernel-smp-2.4.18-19.7.aragorn1 (note that it's build
19.7, NOT 19.8 or 19.9).

Did he just mess up the build numbers (because his text file references
build 19.8)?

If it's truely a later build than 19.8, then shouldn't it be labeled
19.9 so we can rpm -Uhv xxxxxx??

What am I missing?

--- Cris

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25