Updated tg3 driver available

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 14:02:00 CST 2003

Since Red Hat's internal Q/A process takes a long time [that's a good
thing...], and since our next errata and release kernels are a ways
away, I will continue to post tg3 driver updates as bugs are fixed, and
new BroadCom hardware errata is learned, and worked-around.

To this end, I have rolled the tg3 bug fixes into a new set of rpms.
These rpms are (as always) based on the latest Red Hat errata kernel,
and add:
* tg3 crash fixes, and other fixes
* better support for BCM5704 chips
* e1000 fixes

The rpms are in sub-directories of:  http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/pub/
A more detailed description of the kernels in the directory is in
	http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/pub/PLEASE_READ_ME.txt

For bcm5700 users, if it's working for you, fine and dandy.  I am a
Southerner, who believes strongly in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix
it" mantra.  However, just to reiterate, there continue to be known bugs
in the bcm5700 driver, over and above the slower performance it offers.
The internal driver locking functions are incorrect and could lead to
stack corruption at high loads.  The hardware errata workarounds are
incredibly heavy handed, and serve to severely limit performance in
exchange for working around hardware errata.

Have fun,

	Jeff