2650 - tg3 on 2.4.18-19.7.xsmp rh7.3

lars@levonline.com lars at levonline.com
Wed Jan 15 15:58:00 CST 2003

I'm testing 2.4.18-19.7.xsmp and during heavy I/O the server crashes.
I've tried to use my spare eepro100 card instead but the server crashes anyway (I
realised now I forgot to unload the tg3 module, but the module was marked as
unused by lsmod).

I'm having 2GBytes of memory, I'm going to try the bigmem kernel to see if it
makes any diffencies. This does not make me an happy sysadmin, I can't afford
having this machine freeze when I put it in production. Any ideas is
appriciated.

regards
/Lars