Slackware 8.1, PowerEdge 1650 and PERC3/Di

Amadej Bukorovic amadej at minet.si
Wed Jan 15 15:29:01 CST 2003

First of all thanks for the help, especially Paul :)
After I found out that there was somebody that actually got SlackWare
installed I tried to search the newsgroups once more and I got a bit lucky.
(before all I read was old postings from year 2000 when, from what I read,
things were different... I figured it was another HPT366 ATA RAID controller
story where HPT didn't release the source code for half a year and only had
binaries for RedHat/Mandrake/Caledra posted on their web site).

I found a post on dejanews by accident from a guy saying he installed
SlackWare 8.1 off the CD-ROM with the adaptec.s boot kernel. I tried it out
today and, boy do I feel stupid - I could swear I tried that image and it
didn't work a day earlier... well anyway it worked as it has the aacraid
driver compiled in.

Thanks for the images for slackware 8.0 Paul :)

Regards,
Amadej.