2650 - tg3 on 2.4.18-19.7.xsmp rh7.3

Frank H. Pierce frank.pierce at uib.no
Wed Jan 15 14:15:41 CST 2003

Hi.
We got a 2650 with 2x1.8Ghz just before xmas.
I wouldn't use the tg3 driver. I've tried both RH 7.3 and now 8.0 with
2.4.18-19.8.0smp the. With the tg3 driver the 2650 went down in under
24h. I now use the bcm5700 driver and it works fine. The server is not
put in production yet but as far as I can tell it's ok.

As for Hyperthreading I was told by some that I should disable it but
after this article
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/01/14/
1454205&mode=thread&tid=106
I'm not so sure