1650 power consumption.

Steve Mickeler steve at neptune.ca
Mon Jan 13 21:17:01 CST 2003

Im trying to see if I can get away with using 2 of the baytech rpc 28's
which will offer 40 outlets @ 60 amps max.

http://www.baytechdcd.com/products/rpc28.shtml

They have a sequential power-up system on-board for recovering from a
power failure.

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, jason andrade wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Steve Mickeler wrote:
>

> > Can anyone let me know the average current utilized by a dell 1650 with 2
> > power supplies ?
> >
> > 2 x 275W power supplies = 550W
> >
> > 550W / 220V = 2.5 amps.
> >
> > 2.5 amps * 40 servers in a rack = 100 amps
> >
> > Im guessing (hoping too) that they dont suck 2.5 amps for 7*24
> >
> > Any info ?
>
> you can get some information from the dell "rack adviser" utility
> which you can find by searching through downloads on the dell support
> site.
>
> in reality i've found i can make an estimate of between 50-75% of
> rated power for 24*7 operation, so it will probably need 50-75 amps.
>
> but you would still need to budget for more than that for when you
> are powering the systems up unless you have installed them with
> a staggered powerup system.
>
> regards,
>
> -jason

[-] Steve Mickeler [ steve at neptune.ca ]

[|] Todays root password is brought to you by /dev/random

[+] 1024D/9AA80CDF = 4103 9E35 2713 D432 924F  3C2E A7B9 A0FE 9AA8 0CDF