SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 PowerEdge 2600 megaraid driver dis k

Paul paul at kbs.net.au
Mon Jan 13 00:52:00 CST 2003

Hi All,

Just a final note. The wierd phantom drives are only suggested to you by the
installer if /dev/sda or your first logical drive is not empty.
If there are any paritions on /dev/sda or your first logical drive it will
suggest drives like /dev/sdkt as swap and /dev/sdpb as /
Simply remove any paritions on /dev/sda and rebooting and the installer will
happily suggest /dev/sda1 as swap and /dev/sda2 as /
You can do this by hitting control-alt-f2 and just doing normal fdisk
/dev/sda

I've been testing with this and megaraid-1.18f and 1.18f seems to be best
one. I noticed similar wierd problems with 1.18d.
I'm about to put 1.18f into our live production area as I've finished
testing and fiddling with it for now. Thanks for all the help guys.