PE2550 & Intel 1000 F & VLANS & CISCO 3548G

John Pang whoami1234_1234 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 11 05:24:00 CST 2003

I see, does this mean that the Intel Linux iANS driver
supports only dot1q VLAN trunking mode?

Assuming that I have just a standalone 3548, do I
still need to define the actual VLANS via the 3548's
"vlan database" command before I can start to use the
trunking?

I am slightly confused over the trunking/ISL/dot1q
stuff as when trying to define VLANS via the "vlan
database" command, it asks for "ISL" index instead of
"dot1q" index?

test#vlan database
test(vlan)#vlan ?
  <1-1005>  ISL VLAN index

BTW, do you have any idea if I could use both dot1q
trunking as well as ISL trunking on different switch
ports at the same time?

--- "Hubbard, David" <dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com>