svc: server socket destroy delayed

jason andrade jason at rtfmconsult.com
Fri Jan 10 22:21:00 CST 2003

On Sat, 10 Jan 2003, Norman Bridges wrote:

> Software is Redhat 7.3 just patched with all outstanding errata patches
> including kernel 2.4.18-19.7.x. Each system immediately started
> reporting intermittent messages
>
>  svc: server socket destroy delayed

this is a known and spurious error message.  you can get a patch from
neilb's web site that fixes this which is basically changing the printk
in the kernel source to a dprintk (i think).

please use google for the above message and you'll get the pointer.

i applied it to our kernel and can report it works well.  no problems
and the messages go away.

basically this only happens if you are using nfs over TCP i believe - i have
never seen it with nfs over udp.

regards,

-jason