Perc4/Di Driver Disk for SuSe Enterprise Server 8.0

Andrew McCall it.andrew.mccall at oldham.gov.uk
Thu Jan 9 08:56:01 CST 2003

Paul wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have done some more work with the megaraid driver disk for SLES 8.0 and
> ran into some problems.
> I have rebuilt a driver disk based off 2.4.19 on a clean SLES8.0 IDE box and
> included megaraid-1.18f.
> This seemed to work fine. Packaged it all up in the appropriate paths and
> made the driver disk.
> SLES 8.0 still doesnt seem to find the controller/drives after loading the
> additional modules from the driver disk.

Hi Paul & Everybody else,

This is starting to get me reaaalllllly mad :)

I have now managed to successfully build the megaraid.o kernel module
using the megaraid-1.18f source code for both the 2.4.18-4GB and
2.4.18-64GB-SMP kernels.  If your 2600 is a dual CPU machine, then you
will need both these modules.  You need the first one to get the
installer's kernel to recognise the RAID card, and the second one to be
installed to the initrd after installation.  Because the (well my) 2600
has 2 CPU's the 2.4.18-64GB-SMP kernel would be installed, and the first
module won't load due to versioning problems.

....the only problem is I can't seem to build the driver disks correctly
- argh!!!

Can anyone help build these disks?

I have put the modules on our web site at:

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/mccall/linux/suse-2.4.18-4GB-megaraid-1.18f.tar.gz
http://www.oldham.gov.uk/mccall/linux/suse-2.4.18-64GB-SMP-megaraid-1.18f.tar.gz

If anyone is able to build a driver disk for SuSE 8.0 using these
modules, please let me know how, or send me the disk! I can put the disk
at this location for other people too.

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall