Dell PowerEdge 2600 and SuSe 8.0 and Booting problems

Paul paul at kbs.net.au
Wed Jan 8 23:43:00 CST 2003

Hi All,

I've managed to get SuSe Enterprise Server 8.0 installed on our server
(2600) but now I've got BIOS problems. The BIOS doesnt list RAID or SCSI and
a boot method. Only methods I have are CDROM or Floppy. The SCSI BIOS is
enabled according to the LSI Configuration screen (control-m) and it all
seems fine.

I also spoke to Dell Phone Support who suggested a BIOS update which I've
done and its now A02 instead of A01. But I still have the same problem. In
Boot Sequence I only have Floppy or CDROM. According to Dell Support I
should have "Hard Drive Sequence" under there but I dont have that either.
Any ideas or advice or tricks?

Regards,

Paul Rivoli
paul at kbs.net.au