errata kernel 2.4.18-19* fixes ext3 data-journaling data loss and tg3 hang

Eric Swenson eric at reaction-eng.com
Mon Jan 6 18:33:01 CST 2003

Every version of the tg3 driver that I've tried so far with Redhat 8.0, latest
errata, kills my server after a day and a half or so.  I wonder if this only
affects people like me who are using the card in Gigabit mode?  I have mine
connected to a gigabit module installed in a 3com superstack2 switch, if that
helps anyone.

At this, point, this server is in production and I don't have any clustering
setup yet to provide failover services, so it looks like I'm going to be
stuck with bcm5700 until tg3 works for everybody out there..

Eric