Testing Perc2/Si RAID under RedHat 7.2

Michael_E_Brown@Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Fri Mar 29 16:02:00 CST 2002

Sorry, but hotswap doesn't mean what you think it means.

Hotswap means that you can run 'afacli' and do a "prepare for removal"
command which turns off power to a certain SCSI slot. Then you can safely
remove it. You do the same thing to add a drive. After you have added it,
there is a "turn the thing back on" command.

Yes, yanking a drive from a running system can certainly do any one of a
number of bad things. So, no, I don't really know how to 'safely' test this
option.

--
Michael