Red Hat Advanced Server and Dell

Ed Martin ed.martin at iop.org
Wed Mar 27 10:57:00 CST 2002

I noticed that Dell are quoted in the following press release:
https://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2002/press_advserver2.html

Can anyone from Dell comment on what this new product will mean to us Dell Linux users?
Any idea what "features kernel enhancements for improved application I/O performance" translates as?
And will it be offered on all PowerEdges?
Red Hat anticipate a Q2/02 release.  Do Dell anticipate offering it soon after release?

Sounds kinda interesting.

Yours,

Ed

---
Ed Martin
Head of Systems Technology and Support
IOP Publishing Ltd
Dirac House, Temple Back
Bristol  BS1 6BE
ddi: +44 (0)117 930 1102
www:  http://www.iop.org

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked by MIMEsweeper using
F-Secure Anti-Virus for the presence of computer viruses.