Software RAID 1 on Install (Debian)

Neil Spring nspring at cs.washington.edu
Fri Mar 22 13:26:01 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 12:08:54PM -0500, Sean McAvoy wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking to use Software RAID (Mirroring) on a PE 1550. I am looking
> for some disks that support RAID on install for Debian (woody).

I believe what you want is at:

http://people.debian.org/~blade/install/

  LVM and RAID tools for Boot-Floppies

  This is for those fanatics that want to have their root
  filesystem on LVM. I do not like a such configuration,
  unless some requirements have been met, and even then you
  must care.

  The tools are extracted from an extension disk. See
  description above (insert the floppy, enter second console
  and type "extdisk"). The floppy image can be downloaded
  here.

  NOTE: If you want LVM setup integrated in the main
  installation system, hire me! For a "small" amount I would
  like to implement this feature.

I haven't used this myself.

-neil