Debian on 1650 with e1000 (fwd)

Les Niles lniles at Narus.com
Fri Mar 22 10:18:00 CST 2002

It's a little ugly, but: pull the linksys card out, install,
then put the linksys card back in.  If the errant IDE driver
is still misrecognizing the linksys card then figure out where
that driver is getting loaded and remove it; you may have to
rebuild the initrd.  I had a similar problem with the
aic7xxxxxxxxx SCSI driver conflicting with a Lucent NIC.

  -les