aacraid/afacli

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Thu Mar 21 09:43:00 CST 2002

Wait a sec. Please explain exactly how each server was different. From the
perspective of the engineering team who is creating the Red Hat images we
isnstall in the factory, there have been only two customer-visible
changes in the entire time we have been shipping Red Hat 7.2. In other
words, with the exceptions noted below, the image in our factory
_has_not_changed_.

Here is a complete list of everything that has changed about our Red Hat
7.2 install from the time we started shipping to today:

	- Update E1000/E100/BCM5700 network drivers (1 update since Nov.)
	- Added "mgetty" in January.

Except for possibly the partitioning if you order different sized drives,
a 2500 you order today will be shipped out of the factory with the same
package list as a 2500 that you ordered in January. The partitioning will
be different if you order different sized drives, or different RAID
levels. But if you absolutely require them all to be the same, then it is
up to you to make your salesperson aware of this, and order them all with
the same RAID level.

--
Michael