Debian on 1650 with e1000 (fwd)

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Wed Mar 20 23:17:00 CST 2002

The problem you are having isn't a 64bit/32bit issue. It is a voltage
issue. You can put 32bit PCI cards in 1650/1550, no problem. The problem
is that you have to use "Universal" cards or "3.3volt" cards. If you have
a 5volt PCI card, it won't fit (The cutouts on the card edge connector
won't allow it to fit. The 1550/1650 only accept 3.3Volt cards.)  You can
be assured that if your card physically fits (without a hammer :-), it
should operate properly. I think this goes as well for the person having
the issue with the Cyclades card.

Here is a good article on the subject:
http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=9064

--