Debian on 1650 with e1000

G. Barros listmail at exodusgroup.net
Wed Mar 20 16:48:00 CST 2002

Hmm... seems like we're each battling a different problem... or maybe its
just me :)

im trying to figure out how to get debian on a stock 1650 with no RAID.
this is my "toy" box, the other 4 on the shelf do have the raid card in
them (thats my next task...)

My issue is that the e1000 drivers arent in the deb boot disks because they
seem not to have been GPL'd... consequently i cant do a net isntall. Right
now im playing with trying to add it to the disks and sucking it up and
downloading a full install cd at the same time... lets see what gets done
first :)

if anyone has any tips they would be appreciated...

thx,
-guil