Debian on PE 2550 w/ RAID

James Bruce brucej at musc.edu
Wed Mar 20 16:35:00 CST 2002

Sean,

You really don't need the driver disk that you are thinking of so don't
tell it you have one.  The driver disk that you download will be used when
you install the kernel and modules.  I discuss this in my mini-howto that
I'm still working on so have a look at the following URL:

	http://itc.musc.edu/twiki/bin/view/Linux/DebianPowerEdge

Also feel free to contact me with questions concerning the Debian Install
on a PowerEdge.  I've got it working on a Dell PE 4400, 4300, 2300 and a
Dimension 4100.  The PE's are all hardware raid and I have both the
MegaRAID and Adaptec controllers.

James

--On Wednesday, March 20, 2002 17:09:44 -0500 Sean McAvoy
<sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am having some problems with the boot disks found at
> http://www.hem.net/doc/linux/debian2.2_on_pe25X0.html Everything is fine
> up until the driver install, the driver disk seems to fail. It seems
> like the disk image is no good, or I am doing something completely
> wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>

> --
> Sean McAvoy
> Network Analyst
> Megawheels Technologies Inc.
> Phone: 416.360.8211
> Fax:   416.360.1403
> Cell:  416.616.6599

=====
James J Bruce (brucej at musc.edu)
GCRC Informatics Manager
Medical University of South Carolina
Charleston, SC 29425  (843) 876-5101

There are two major products that have come out of the University of
California at Berkeley: LSD and BSD.  We don't believe this to be a
coincidence.
-- Jeremy S. Anderson