DELL pre-installation Red Hat release for PE 2550 withPERC3/Di RAID

Anoop Mavath Anoop.Mavath at synopsys.com
Wed Mar 20 12:45:01 CST 2002

Is there some activity at redhat that will make default kernel release to
access 3.7 Gb of Vm or higher?
Thx
anoop
At 08:17 AM 3/20/02 +0000, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>Anoop Mavath wrote:
>>
>> I Have 120 Dell PE 2550 with Radhat 7.2 various kernels running.
>> 2.4.7-10 I installed Redhat 7.2 retail release and installed with no
issues.
>> 2.4.18 I had recompiled kernel for applications to access whole 3.7 GB
memory. Wont work with raid controller( I didnt try hard tho since I am
averse to the raid controller. Takes way too much time to initialize and
hangs some times). So I pulled them out and use SCSI directly.
>> Yes the machine hangs during boot process once in a while. Only a reboot
will fix it. Can some one from DELL comment on this??