Dell 8450 RedHat Linux 7.1 and a PowerVault 120T

Christopher McCrory chrismcc at pricegrabber.com
Tue Mar 19 08:24:01 CST 2002

Hello...

	I highly recomend amanda.  I was answering a question on another mailing
list so I'll just copy-n-paste:

     Amanda  www.amanda.org

     It works.  It supports most (all) unix like systems.  It supports
tape libraries.  It has a mailing list with the highest signal to noise
ratio I has seen.  It's on your RH and Mandrake CDs and xBSD ports.  It
uses a server/client architecture so it can backup multiple clients
concurently.  It will do MS clients via samba.

I use it with a 30 slot 2 drive DLT library to back up my entire server
farm.  It takes a little tweeking to setup, but is well worth the
several hours it will take.  I don't know how I ever lived without a
tape library.   mtx controls the robot arm, chg-zd-mtx is the amanda part.

Daniel Beaudoin wrote:
<snip>

> Hi;
>
> 	I have a PowerEdge 8450 running Redhat Linux 7.1 with a PowerVault
> 120T LVD external tape drive.
>
> 	When I use tar or dump while the tape drive is in sequential mode,
> the end of tape is reached but it does not automatically change the tape and
> my backup fails.  Does anyone have an expect script that would do this?
>
> Thanks

<snip>

--
Christopher McCrory