Problems running OpenManage on Linux

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Mon Mar 18 11:01:00 CST 2002

Array Manager provides harddrive status to IT Assistant.

Array Manager supports Windows but not Linux currently, so harddrive status
is reported to IT Assistant for Windows systems but not Linux systems
currently....that should change pretty soon.

Joshua Giles
ESG Systems Management Sr. Analyst
Linux Operating System Development
Joshua_Giles at dell.com
Linux website @ dell => www.dell.com/linux

-----Original Message-----
From: Lennart Freyberg [mailto:lf at ga-bonn.de]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 5:00 AM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: Problems running OpenManage on Linux

Hi,

after solving all problems that prevented installing the
Dell OpenManage Server-Agent on our 1550 RedHat 7.1
testserver I have got another problem:
If I have look at the IT Assistant I see things like
fan speed or temperature from that linux-server. But
if I pull out one of the harddrives there's no sign
at the IT Assistant. I tried it with another 1550
that was delivered in the same (yet unchanged) configuration
but with OS Windows 2000 Server and there it works!

Thanx a lot for your help.

Greetings,
    Lennart Freyberg

---
Lennart Freyberg
Systemadministration
 mailto:l.freyberg at ga-bonn.de  Bonner Zeitungsdruckerei und
  Voice:+49 (228) 6688-178     Verlagsanstalt H. Neusser GmbH
    Fax:+49 (228) 6688-186     Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 15
                               D-53121 Bonn