What causes problem while "RAMDISK Uncompressing"

Greg_Cope@sandwich.pfizer.com Greg_Cope at sandwich.pfizer.com
Mon Mar 18 09:48:01 CST 2002

I think this means that initrd image is duff (the initial ramdisk image).
You should be able to find referances to this on google.

If I am talking rubbish - appologies.

I would boot off a floppy/cd, mount your drives, make another initrd image
(mkinitrd I think the command is) and rerun lilo.

I _think_ Suse's yast will do this for you.

Then again, you can wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to give an
answer!

Greg