A Fun Sunday at work - Not!

Seth Mos knuffie at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 18 06:06:00 CST 2002

At 02:01 18-3-2002 +0100, Sigbjorn Strommen wrote:

>Anyways, have any of you experienced a power supply failure like
>this?  I guess I should be glad that it didn't start a fire,
>but even though I unplugged the failed PS I'm sort of sceptical
>to keep this server running on the same power network as the
>rest of our hardware.  Should I just take it as a freak accident?
>Or is it likely to happen again?

Any power suply from any manafacturer can create this sort of failure.
It is not unique to Dell servers. These things just happen and you can not
do anything about it.

I even had a power supply go and blow up the entire mainboard (non Dell
machine) by sending a voltage spike to it. Just bad luck I guess.

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.