megaraid snmpwalk data

John Reuning john at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Mar 14 10:47:00 CST 2002

I'm one of the many folks who runs Linux on Dell servers in a data center.
Since I've not found a good remote monitoring program, I'm writing a
Netsaint plugin that collects logical and physical drive status via snmp.
It works fine on machines with one controller card, but I'd like to make it
flexible enough to handle multiple controllers and multiple logical drives.

I think I understand what an snmpwalk will look like, but I'd prefer to
have some live data.  If someone out there has access to a machine with
more than one perc card and multiple logical drives defined for each one,
could you please send me a full snmpwalk of the .1.3.6.1.4.1.3582 subtree.
Also, if there are other crazy configurations I might not have envisioned,
feel free to send them, too. :)

BTW, if you're interested, the plugin is in perl and will be GPL released.
I've been happy with Netsaint, but you could probably adapt the plugin to
another package.

Many thanks,

-John Reuning
ibiblio.org/metalab.unc.edu/sunsite.unc.edu