aacraid/afacli

Heather Guse hguse at dpnsecurity.com
Thu Mar 14 10:40:01 CST 2002

Another individual had contacted me yesterday from dell through the list and explained what I had done wrong.  The disk itself appears to be fine, but my command parameters for "disk remove dead_partitions" was incorrect.  I was missing a zero.

I appreciate the help, it is up and happy now.

I am concerned as this is not the first 2500 with RedHat to do this on me.  I am systematically converting a 10 location Microsoft shop over to Linux.  I have just finished the first two and in both situations the drive failed (not physical disk) with in two weeks of the install.  The fist server I was able to take care of with the container scrub command.

I haven't lost my confidence, as I have used Perc in NetWare and NT environments several times over the last 4 years.  But I am concerned with the linux module.

I will continue to work with aacraid and patiently educate myself on its ins and outs.  Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Heather Guse

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:47:07PM -0600, Michael E Brown had written: