1650

Dirk Wetter dirkw at rentec.com
Wed Mar 13 07:42:00 CST 2002

Hi,

I got my hands on one now. nice system :-) (if DELL wouldn't have
"forgotten" the reset button, it would be alomost perfect ;-) ).

My question: Is there any docu how I can use the EMP connector (pinout) ? I
guess it's the one in the back with the RJ45 jack. As a test I would be
satisfied, if I could make it work somehow with vacm, which is used for our
old VA boxes.

I am also curious what DELLs plans are for supporting IPMI, especially
externally, i.e. providing a mangement option making use of this port.

cheers,
        ~dirkw