PE 2550, RH 7.1 & Serial Console

Marc Mondragon Marcmo at RitchieCapital.com
Tue Mar 12 08:37:01 CST 2002

Bob-

In my case, this is turned on.  I have 2550's and I believe the
issue/problem
is 2550 specific.  In another post, Michael Brown of Dell mentions that
the BIOS development teams are different for each platform which sort of
explains why each product has its own personality...

Marc Mondragon

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Staaf [mailto:rstaaf at cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 7:06 PM
To: Glen Turner; Marc Mondragon
Cc: 'Michael E Brown'; linux-poweredge at dell.com
Subject: Re: PE 2550, RH 7.1 & Serial Console

Any particular reason you don't just turn on Console Redirection in the
bios?  I have 2 2450s and they are running bios vA07 and have Console
Redirection turned on and didn't have to do squat with Linux as it is
handled by the hardware.  I have access both locally and through the serial
port.  I have access to the console from the second the machine gets power.
I don't have any 2550s so maybe there is some reason that I am not aware of.

Bob