Dell server

Daniel Beaudoin Daniel.Beaudoin at civilisations.ca
Tue Mar 12 07:29:01 CST 2002

Hi;

	I have a Dell PowerVault 8450, 8 processors at 700 mhz each, 8 gig
of ram with the two internal disks mirrored, one RAID 5 set and two JBOD's.
My present problem is my swap file is 12 GIG in size but Linux will only use
2.

	As well, after a short period of time, my system goes into a state
that if I run "ps", "who" "top" etc. (seems to be anything that uses the
/proc folder) the process hangs.  I am unable to break out of it.  If I kill
the process, I still do not get a prompt.  But I can go to another window
and use the system still.

	Any ideas?

Daniel Beaudoin