PE 2550, RH 7.1 & Serial Console

Bob Staaf rstaaf at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 11 18:58:00 CST 2002

Any particular reason you don't just turn on Console Redirection in the
bios?  I have 2 2450s and they are running bios vA07 and have Console
Redirection turned on and didn't have to do squat with Linux as it is
handled by the hardware.  I have access both locally and through the serial
port.  I have access to the console from the second the machine gets power.
I don't have any 2550s so maybe there is some reason that I am not aware of.

Bob