mirroring a disk

Keith Wolters kowolters at email.com
Mon Mar 11 16:05:00 CST 2002

I've got a Poweredge 500SC.  We ordered it with two identical disks for mirroring.  I did not see anything during the configuration which allowed me to specify I wanted the disks mirrored so now I've got all my mounted partions on hda and a single partition on hdb.  I would like to know the best way to get from where I am to a system where what I have on hda is mirrored on hdb.  I found RAID instructions on

 http://www.thelinuxgurus.org/raid.shtml

but they look like they're for setting up two disks from scratch (i.e without preserving the contents of either which is what I want to do.)

Can anyone point me to documentation on creating a mirror for a disk?

Keith Wolters
System Manager, H2 Design, Pittsburgh

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Email.com
http://www.email.com/?sr=signup

Travelocity.com is giving away two million travel miles.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3969773;6991039;g?http://svc.travelocity.com/promos/millionmiles_main/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html