Raid5 Container Trouble

Joe Maul jmauliii at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 11:54:01 CST 2002

Help!!!

I have a PowerEdge 4400 running Redhat 7.2.  I am
trying to add an additional disk drive to the raid5
container using afacli.  I ran

container reconfigure /raid5=TRUE 0 (0,5,0)

This added the drive into the container but did not
add any space to the container.  All of the other
drives in the container were reduced so that the total
space of 64.8GB (5-18GB drives) was spread over 6-18GB
drives having the same total space of 64.8GB.

I need the command to run on afacli to correct this
raid5 space allocation problem.

Thanks