Ethernet Cards: Saga Concludes

Ard van Breemen ard at telegraafnet.nl
Fri Mar 8 11:30:01 CST 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 05:40:07AM -0500, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > > The new fixed eepro100 driver can do the same; turns out there was a small
> > > bug in the "recycling" of transmit buffers in older versions. If you want I
> > > can send you a copy of the fixed version..
> > Is it not already in the kernel? :)
> It's in my tree; Marcelo is considering it for 2.4.18/19
It is definetely not in 2.4.18... :(

> > If not, I am very interested. Does it already contain vlan "capability"?
> > (IE receiving "frame"sizes of 1518 bytes?)
> Not 100% sure; now that vlan actually is in the kernel it will be soon.
> Anyway I've attached the .c file and a Makefile you can use to build it
> outside a kernel tree (you just need the kernel-source package installed, or
> if you built your own kernel the source needs to still be around).
Hmmm, if it is not going into the kernel soon, I guess I will put it
into a debian package.
Oops, can't put it into e100 package, since that one is not free :(.

--
<ard at telegraafnet.nl> Telegraaf Elektronische Media  http://wwwijzer.nl
http://leerquoten.monster.org/ http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html