OpenManage - SNMP upgrade with Dell MIB support???

Joshua_Giles@Dell.com Joshua_Giles at Dell.com
Fri Mar 8 11:14:00 CST 2002

Which rpm package did you use?  Make sure it's the errata that Red Hat
released @ http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2001-163.html.
You did install the dell agent(dellomsa) or restart it?  Try installing
OpenManage System Administrator.  You can find it @
support.dell.com...search for DOMNA01.tar.  It contains the agent to monitor
dell hardware.  This agent uses the SMUX protocol.

This should work.

Joshua Giles
ESG Systems Management Sr. Analyst
Linux Operating System Development
Joshua_Giles at dell.com
Linux website @ dell => www.dell.com/linux

-----Original Message-----
From: carraway at nexus.co.jp [mailto:carraway at nexus.co.jp]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 3:39 AM
To: linux-poweredge at exchange.dell.com
Subject: OpenManage - SNMP upgrade with Dell MIB support???

Because of the vunerabilities with the SNMP daemon that shipped with
OpenManage, namely ucd-snmp-4.1.2-8smux.i386.rpm, I have been trying to
figure out how to upgrade and still retain the Dell MIB. Has anyone
done this?

At first I was told by Dell to just upgrade the SNMP RPMs through the Red
Hat Network. Only problem is that the new RPM, doesn't contain an SNMP agent
with the Dell MIB compiled into it. Because of this,
OpenMange is basically useless. No temperatures, no voltages, no fan
readings.

I have been trying to compile SNMP from the source using the 10892.mib that
was shipped with the original Dell SNMP package. I have gotten the C code
and header files using mib2c, but am getting errors when
actually issuing the make command.

Does Dell have a new SNMP package or not? Does anyone know how to compile or
has compiled the source to include Dell's mib?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.