Problems running OpenManage on Linux

Lennart Freyberg lf at ga-bonn.de
Fri Mar 8 05:01:01 CST 2002

Hi,

after solving all problems that prevented installing the
Dell OpenManage Server-Agent on our 1550 RedHat 7.1
testserver I have got another problem:
If I have look at the IT Assistant I see things like
fan speed or temperature from that linux-server. But
if I pull out one of the harddrives there's no sign
at the IT Assistant. I tried it with another 1550
that was delivered in the same (yet unchanged) configuration
but with OS Windows 2000 Server and there it works!

Thanx a lot for your help.

Greetings,
    Lennart Freyberg

---
Lennart Freyberg
Systemadministration
 mailto:l.freyberg at ga-bonn.de  Bonner Zeitungsdruckerei und
  Voice:+49 (228) 6688-178     Verlagsanstalt H. Neusser GmbH
    Fax:+49 (228) 6688-186     Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 15
                               D-53121 Bonn