OpenManage - SNMP upgrade with Dell MIB support???

ジム・キャロウェイ carraway at nexus.co.jp
Fri Mar 8 03:38:00 CST 2002

Because of the vunerabilities with the SNMP daemon that shipped with OpenManage, namely ucd-snmp-4.1.2-8smux.i386.rpm, I have been trying to figure out how to upgrade and still retain the Dell MIB. Has anyone
done this?

At first I was told by Dell to just upgrade the SNMP RPMs through the Red Hat Network. Only problem is that the new RPM, doesn't contain an SNMP agent with the Dell MIB compiled into it. Because of this,
OpenMange is basically useless. No temperatures, no voltages, no fan readings.

I have been trying to compile SNMP from the source using the 10892.mib that was shipped with the original Dell SNMP package. I have gotten the C code and header files using mib2c, but am getting errors when
actually issuing the make command.

Does Dell have a new SNMP package or not? Does anyone know how to compile or has compiled the source to include Dell's mib?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.