PE 2550, RH 7.1 & Serial Console

Dirk Wetter dirkw at rentec.com
Thu Mar 7 13:54:01 CST 2002

for the DELL 1550s and 2550s i never use the 'serial' entry in
lilo.conf. as far as i can recall this conflict only occured if i
switched on serial redirection on the BIOS level as well.  so what i
do is: redirect output on the bios level and put a append line
(append=console=ttyS0,38400) in lilo.conf. this gives me full control
over the system at any point of time.

cheers,
        ~dirkw