omaws32 CPU hogs?!

Thu Mar 7 13:00:01 CST 2002

> what we noticed is the high number of omaws32 threads are killing
> performance. are there any upgrades to the s/w or is this a known
> issue?

Do you need the remote management capability via a web browser on these
systems?  If not, then you can stop the omaws32 service (chkconfig omawsd
off; service omawsd stop).

On my system I see 41 omaws32 threads running, though they're all in S
state, and none have any current CPU% or accumulated CPU time.  Since
they're all threads, they share the same VM space, so it's not really
41*256K, it's only 256K used.

Thanks,
Matt

--