problems adding partition to Perc3/DC logical drive

Matt Biermann biermanm at kirtland.cc.mi.us
Thu Mar 7 11:38:00 CST 2002

ok, I'm bashing my head against a wall here.

I've a 4400 with the Perc3/DC addapter on it.  I'm using a raid 5 array
with 100GB usable, 50GB partitioned now.  I would like to create a 20GB
partition on the logical drive, but ever time I try, I get the following
error when formatting in ext2

mkfs.ext2: No such device or address while trying to determine filesystem
size

I added the partition using straight FDISK without a problem. any ideas?

Matt