Problems with PERC3/DC and SONY SDT-10000 tape drive

Wed Mar 6 12:29:00 CST 2002

> I left the original cable running from the tape drive to the SCSI B
> socket on the motherboard. It's not connected anywhere else.

So, it's connected to the 7899.

> On power up, the section beginning with "AIC 7899" reports the Sony
> SDT-10000 40 at SCSI B, ID 6, so I think this part is working.

Good.

But the aic7xxx Linux driver isn't getting loaded, so it can't access the
tape drive.

modprobe aic7xxx

Then when it works, put 'alias scsi_hostadapter1 aic7xxx' in your
modules.conf file, and remake your initrd.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch