broadcom NIC with linux

Ard van Breemen ard at telegraafnet.nl
Wed Mar 6 11:08:00 CST 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 09:55:10AM -0600, Kelly Steinmeyer wrote:
> I was wondering if there are plans to release a Linux driver for the broadcom card that is not red hat specific. Red hat is not the only Linux distribution, so the driver (in my mind) should not be written just for the red hat kernel. I just bought two 2550's, and would like to use the hardware that I purchased, but I refuse to run Red Hat on them.
Just take a look at any debian mirror.
Fi: http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bcm5700/

Besides that, Dave Miller has experimental drivers, which will go into
the kernel.
--
<ard at telegraafnet.nl> Telegraaf Elektronische Media  http://wwwijzer.nl
http://leerquoten.monster.org/ http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html