Problems installing OpenManage

Lennart Freyberg lf at ga-bonn.de
Wed Mar 6 01:24:00 CST 2002

Hi,

unfortunately I can't install OpenManage on our PowerEdge 1550s.
I downloaded the file DOMLX0.tar from Dell and extracted it.
When I run the start-script I get the following error:

_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for <host>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect
to X11 windows server using '<host>:11.0' as the value of the DISPLAY
variable.

The server I am trying to install OpenManage is a PowerEdge 1550.
I used the Server-Assistant-CD from Dell to install RedHat Linux 7.1
without changing the proposed settings.

I hope that someone knows the answer to this because I have to get
it working and I am not that strong in Linux yet. Thanx for your
help!

Greetings,
    Lennart Freyberg

---
Lennart Freyberg
Systemadministration
 mailto:l.freyberg at ga-bonn.de  Bonner Zeitungsdruckerei und
  Voice:+49 (228) 6688-178     Verlagsanstalt H. Neusser GmbH
    Fax:+49 (228) 6688-186     Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 15
                               D-53121 Bonn