Perc 3/DC ina 1550 + RH 6.2

Tue Mar 5 12:26:00 CST 2002

>  Boot up off the cd, go into expert mode.
>  put the disk in when asked.
>  It should give the options of choosing; Local CDROM
> 						     Hard Disk
> 							Perc Contoller (or
something similar)

> However I only get the options for local CDROM and Hard disk.
> WHy is the
> third option not showing? I've tried both of these driver disk:

That screen is poorly worded.  It doesn't really care where the installation
media is (at that point), you're going to use it for a different purpose -
to get the drivers loaded in the order you want.

Choose hard disk.  Choose SCSI.  Choose "megaraid" (at bottom of the list).
Then (when it doesn't find the installation media yet), it'll prompt you to
add additional drivers.  Choose CD-ROM, and go from there.

That will get the megaraid driver loaded, then install continues from the
CD-ROM.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer
#1 US Linux Server provider with 24.5% (IDC Dec 2001)
#2 Worldwide Linux Server provider with 18.2% (IDC Dec 2001)