Perc 3/DC ina 1550 + RH 6.2

Richard Idalski ridalski at nandomedia.com
Tue Mar 5 12:20:01 CST 2002

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out here. I'm trying to run redhat 6.2
on a Dell PE 1550 w/ Perc 3/DC Raid Controller. I've scoured the Net (and
Dell's Support)  for information, and all roads seem to lead back to
http://domsch.com/linux/. I've downloaded the 6.2 boot disk on that site and
tried it with both the retail version of 6.2 and with SBE2. The results are
always the same. To my knowledge this is how it should work:

 Boot up off the cd, go into expert mode.
 put the disk in when asked.
 It should give the options of choosing; Local CDROM
						     Hard Disk
							Perc Contoller (or something similar)

However I only get the options for local CDROM and Hard disk. WHy is the
third option not showing? I've tried both of these driver disk:

			megaraid-1.09-rh62.tar and,
			megaraid-1.09-rh6.2sbe2.tar  both from http://domsch.com/linux/.

Any help is appreciated.

Also I'm not on this list (yet) so cc'ing me on replies would be equally
appreciated.

Richard Idalski
NandoMedia
919.829.4805 (office)