Broadcom Advanced Server Program

Michael E Brown michael_e_brown at dell.com
Fri Feb 15 23:29:01 CST 2002

If you go to the file download area and type "broadcom linux" in the
"advanced features" box at the right, the first hit is the Broadcom
NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Controller Driver version 5.1. This is the
latest and greatest stuff (posted 1 Feb 2002). Note the filename
(A01BCL72.tgz). The last two numbers indicate the redhat version it is for
71 and 72 versions are provided.

This release is significant, I think, because I _believe_ that it solves a
number of issues with dropped packets at 100mbps speed when the link isn't
forced to full duplex. I think that several people on the list are having
problems with the broadcom driver and packet loss in this situation. You
know who you are :-) and you may want to take a look at this driver. The
version is bcm5700-2.0.34-1.i386.rpm. It is built for the 2.4.7-10 kernel.
--
Michael